Stepney Jewish Day Centre
Our Stepney Jewish Day Centre has been at the heart of east London's Jewish community for many years...
The centre is open to anyone living in east London and the City and has been designed to meet the needs of older people in the community.
A warm, relaxed and caring environment where you can meet old friends and make new ones.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of their level of religious observance, and we offer a therapeutic programme of activities for anyone who needs special care, is suffering from a bereavement or isolation.
We offer a wide range of activities including:
- computer classes
- music appreciation sessions held every Thursday morning (11am- 12noon)
- current affairs discussion group
- evening social club called the Grove Club which is held on the last Wednesday of each month
- relaxing garden for members use
- hairdressing, optician, audiologist
- arts and crafts activities
- keep fit classes and relaxation
- chair-based yoga
- film afternoons
- baking and manicures on a Friday afternoon
- poetry and discussion groups
- card games and regular organised outings
- entertainment is provided regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays and on certain festivals
- birthday celebrations
- activities/parties sponsored by Canary Wharf Plc, Clifford Chance and Ladies Guilds Committee
Stepney has its own magazine ‘The Beaumont News’ to keep members of the community up to date with what’s going on at the centre. Latest edition coming soon.
We also have a friends of Stepney fundraising committee.
Open from Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 9.30am - 1.30pm.
Transport to and from the centre can be arranged, but is limited and will be offered to those who meet the criteria.
Members are served a hot three-course (meat meal) kosher lunch every day and special diets can be catered for.
We offer a butchers service where orders are taken on Thursdays and delivered to the day centre on fortnightly Tuesdays (supplied by Just Kosher). We also have a kosher shop on site, also selling frozen ready made meals.
Anyone who wishes to become a member will enjoy a guest day, free of charge, and will have the opportunity to meet staff, our volunteers and other members. You can refer yourself or a relative or friend.
Space available to hire subject to availability.
For more information, please call the centre on 020 7790 6441